Weimaraner

Post your pictures of your best carvings here!

Moderators: The Pumpkin Wizard, Jamie

Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE!
Carvings from ALL SOURCES are welcome here! Whether the pattern is from this site, or many of the other fine pattern sites on the Web, or even your own special designs. We love to see the great work that the carving community is doing!

No posting or trading of patterns from this or any other site is allowed on this forum. Please refrain from asking. This includes any emails or private messages.

If you're looking for patterns, Always check the Main Site (http://www.carvingpumpkins.com)

Thank You.

Weimaraner

Unread postby AggieLisa9 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:50 pm

Jamie,

Thanks for the pattern. It looks just like my cousin's dog. Even down to the chain collar he wears all the time.

Happy Carving!

Me? OCD pumpkin carver? No! Lisa's Pumpkin Photos
Lisa's Pottery and Glass
AggieLisa9
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Well done

Unread postby DirtyDealer1123 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:22 pm

I just looked at your pics.........YOU have come a long way, with your sculpting! WELL DONE!!! I am impressed. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! I see what you did in the off season.
DirtyDealer1123
Carving Machine

Unread postby 2ManyFerrets » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:26 am

Wow ! Thats beautiful!!! I just love dogs! And I love the chain, it makes nice detail!!! Nice job Lisa! =D>

Erika
2ManyFerrets
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Unread postby Jamie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:18 am

Nice job Lisa! Your welcome for the pattern :wink:

I carved betty boop witch on a funkin from hobby lobby last night..... I turned the light on to do the "finish" carving and there was a BLACK LINE running vertical on the left side of the carving! :shock: I tried to get what I could out, but some of it seems to be just excess paint or something....very annoying. I already have another one of those pumpkins with a pattern glued on it ready to go. I will have to either do the carving on a different pumpkin or remove the pattern and glue a new pattern on in a different area of the pumpkin where the line won't be seen.... :roll: Next year it is going to be michaels only. At least I know what to expect on those ones.

Jamie
Jamie
Associate Artist

Unread postby AggieLisa9 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:23 am

OHbluebird wrote:Nice job Lisa! Your welcome for the pattern :wink:

I carved betty boop witch on a funkin from hobby lobby last night..... I turned the light on to do the "finish" carving and there was a BLACK LINE running vertical on the left side of the carving! :shock: I tried to get what I could out, but some of it seems to be just excess paint or something....very annoying. I already have another one of those pumpkins with a pattern glued on it ready to go. I will have to either do the carving on a different pumpkin or remove the pattern and glue a new pattern on in a different area of the pumpkin where the line won't be seen.... :roll: Next year it is going to be michaels only. At least I know what to expect on those ones.

Jamie

:shock: What a bummer! After the 2 Joanne's pumpkins I carved last year, I decided to just stick with Michael's pumpkins. They are consistent, and the issues we have with them are easy to deal with. I carved your linus in the pumpkin patch on one of those Joanne's pumpkins, and I may eventually just throw that one away and carve it again on a Michael's pumpkin. I'm sorry you did all that work, only to find the line!!!!!!
Happy Carving!

Lisa's Pottery and Glass
AggieLisa9
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Unread postby Jamie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:56 am

Lisa I am working on adding snoopy and charlie brown into that great pumpkin pattern. That is how it was in the original picture. The picture was small though so, like the linus pattern, it will lack "details", and be lots of shading. Remember the old picture that I used for my avatar? any hoot, I'll send it to ya when I get it finished.

Jamie
Jamie
Associate Artist

Unread postby AggieLisa9 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:07 pm

OHbluebird wrote:Lisa I am working on adding snoopy and charlie brown into that great pumpkin pattern. That is how it was in the original picture. The picture was small though so, like the linus pattern, it will lack "details", and be lots of shading. Remember the old picture that I used for my avatar? any hoot, I'll send it to ya when I get it finished.

Jamie

That sounds awesome! I will wait for that to do the Michael's pumpkin version.
Happy Carving!

Lisa's Pottery and Glass
AggieLisa9
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Return to Your Best Carvings