How long does it take to receive your order?

This forum is for beginning carvers who need help from more experienced pumpkin artists

Moderators: The Pumpkin Wizard, Jamie

Forum rules
No posting or trading of patterns from this or any other site is allowed on this forum. Please refrain from asking. This includes any emails or private messages.

If you're looking for patterns, Always check the Main Site first (http://www.carvingpumpkins.com)

Thank You.

How long does it take to receive your order?

Unread postby caperkin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi!
I just joined this site last week. I have found a speedball cutter, and the clay tools here where I live (cape breton island, nova scotia) but can't find any of the Saral transfer paper! I called the DeSerres store in Halifax (4 1/2 hrs. away) and the guy on the phone said they had some, but when my husband went to get it they didn't have any!! The girl working said she would order some but it would take 2-3 weeks before it would arrive, which brings us to halloween. I really wanted to practice now and not wait til the last moment!! How long does it take to receive an order from this site??? Does anyone know??? I hate to have to wait another whole year to try this shading method. I have been doing carvings for years and this was the year for the method you guys do! :(posting.php?mode=post&f=1#

caperkin
(Sue)
caperkin
Pumpkin Newbie

Re: How long does it take to receive your order?

Unread postby The Pumpkin Wizard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Sue,
This site actually is an affiliate to Dick Blick Art Materials (www.dickblick.com). I've just selected the proper items you need, and I get a commission when they sell.

To find out how long to ship to your location, I would suggest contacting them about the shipping time and costs. You can still order through the site if you want, since it will be the same except I get credit for the sale.

I really do suggest the Saral paper. It makes a HUGE difference when tracing patterns. :super
The Pumpkin Wizard
Site Admin

Unread postby annette » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm in Canada as well. I was going to order the Saral through here and then quickly realized that with the shipping time, and trans-border costs and duties, there was a good chance that it wasn't going to arrive in time and it would likely end up costing a fair bit over the purchase price just to get it here. I called around to some local art supply places and found one that carried Saral but not the blue, but they did recommend another place that carried it, had the blue, and had it in stock! I haven't tried using it yet.

Try calling some art supply places there to see if they have it in stock. If you want to order it through here then call the supplier to find out shipping times and costs (http://www.dickblick.com/customerservic ... ernational) and then add on some additional amount for duty etc.

- God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.
annette
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Unread postby caperkin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 am

Thank you for responding to my post! My husband will try the NSCAD (community college for art students) store in Halifax this week, I will check with the Cape Breton Center for Craft & Design downtown, they might be able to point me in the right direction. I hope so anyways!!

Thanks again!
caperkin
Pumpkin Newbie

Unread postby caperkin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 am

OH! By the way Annette! I used to live in Winnipeg when I was younger with my family on the Army base. Right next to Tuxedo. I attended Carpathia Elementary. lol We lived on Grenadier Drive.
caperkin
Pumpkin Newbie

Unread postby annette » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 am

How cool! I've been here almost all my life, except for a few years living in Edmonton (hated it).

Believe me, I am all for supporting The Wiz and this site in any way possible, but I've been burned by ridiculous duty and shipping charges from other places before. USPS isn't bad, UPS is the worst, sometimes charging twice as much as the order just for duties and "brokerage fees". If the order is sent by mail then it likely wouldn't be too bad but then there's a greater chance that it's not going to arrive in time. I hate it when mail from the US takes 3 weeks to get here!

- God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.
annette
Supreme Pumpkin Being

Unread postby caperkin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:59 pm

lol hated my time in Edmonton as well, 1981 - 84, seems to be a "rite of passage" for us all to go west.
yeah, hope my hubby can find something in Halifax for me (Seral transfer paper) but I will call around here tomorrow when things open back up after the holiday weekend. Everything still shuts down here during holidays, I kinda like it. It's like stepping back 20 years when you come here.
Transfer paper, here I come!!
Sue
Caperkin
caperkin
Pumpkin Newbie

Unread postby caperkin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Great news! DeSerres called to say that the Saral Transfer paper arrived today! He will pick it and bring it home this weekend for me!! I can't wait to try shading method!

Caperkin
Sue
caperkin
Pumpkin Newbie

Return to Beginners Carving Help